What a jam-packed month it was!! Here's a recap of lots of what PTA helped to accomplish at Burnett during October:
- The Fall Fundraiser was a huge success thanks to the hard work of Marilyn Comitz, and thanks to the support of every single family that participated.
- We held our first ever Saturday Bagels & Books event to kick off the fall Scholastic Book Fair. Thank you to all the volunteers who helped throughout the week, and to the families who came out to support Burnett and stock up their bookshelves. Many thank you to Erika Lincourt who chaired this week-long event. We sold $3,070 over the week.
- Growing Great had the first lessons of the year in October. While this amazing program is funded by WEF, our Burnett PTA takes care of executing the program including shopping, scheduling, and training the docents. Thank you to all the parent docents and helpers, and to Jen Ludwig who coordinated everything.
- Ice cream sales were amazing all month thanks to the incredible heat. Many thanks to Susan Szabo Varga for being out there every single week to make sure our kiddos get ice cream! Thank you to the volunteers who help support this ongoing fundraiser.
- CPK restuarant night was a great success. I know I had a great time catching up with friends over great food. Thanks to Marilyn Comitz who organized this event, and to all the parents and teachers who supported as well.
- Red Ribbon Week took place from 10/26-10/30. Thanks to Debbie Evans, Renee Hubler, their sons, and my daughter Simone and Tali Hillman for making our school look amazing for the week. There were ribbons everywhere and a gorgeous banner. The school counselor added themed spirit days all week, and parent Harley Hoff coordinated with LA County Sheriffs to put on a great assembly for the kids that included Officer McGruff and also a K-9 unit!
- Finally on 10/30 we help our first afterschool movie of the year. Kids had a great time eating pizza and popcorn, many still in their Halloween costumes, while watching ParaNorman. It was a great way to start the long Halloween weekend and many thanks to the volunteers and Heather Guillen who chaired the event.